English for Employment (E4E)
English for Employment (E4E) CLB 5 to 8
The English for Employment (E4E) program provides Newcomers the English language skills required to meet their individual employment challenges. It is a 5-month course designed to help participants attain knowledge of the Canadian work environment and to connect to the labour market in Saskatchewan.
Who is eligible for English for Employment (E4E) classes?
- Must be a Newcomer (individuals who were not born in Canada);
- At least eighteen (18) years of age;
- Are legally eligible to work, have been in Canada for 8 years or less since the date of the first arrival, or if in Canada longer than 8 years, have a referral from a Labour Market Services office that states that participation in the program is required for employment purposes;
- Have been assessed, according to the National Placement Guidelines 2014, as appropriate for a CLB 5 to 8 ESL class. Individuals who do not meet the above criteria are not eligible for the program.
- Free child minding is available
Location & Timings
E4E, CLB 5-7, St. Paul’s United Church, 454 Egbert Ave, Saskatoon
Tuesday and Thursday morning, 9:30 am to 12:00.
E4E, CLB 6-8, Wildwood Mennonite Church, 1502 Acadia Dr. Saskatoon
Tuesday and Thursday evening, 6:30 pm to 9:00 pm.
Start date: January 21, 2019
Finish date: June 14, 2019
We are currently accepting applications for our next intake which starts on January 21, 2019.
Applications are also available at our office. Please be sure you have your Social Insurance Number and a copy of your language assessment available.